Hazardous chemical awareness training is arguably the most critical aspect of chemical safety, as it ensures all employees understand the importance of following correct procedures to avoid chemical injuries.
Employee training must include the following to be effective:
- Introducing chemical safety and chemicals you use in the workplace
- Explaining of chemical laws and duties
- Training employees to label all chemicals
- Describing the routes of chemical exposure and symptoms of exposure
- Exemplifying the placement and storage of chemicals
- Using PPE correctly
- Identifying important information from safety data sheets
- Explaining the correct procedures to take in cause of an accident
- Highlighting the importance of accident reports
When your team is aware of the dangers of chemical accidents, they’re more likely to prevent them. Safety information and training are only effective if your employees work as a collective to protect their work area, themselves, and those around them.